Because of the risk posed by coronavirus (COVID-19) to our patients, staff and our community, visitors are not allowed at our Health Information Management location at 3333 Farnam St. at this time. Patient records are not available to be picked up in person. Please follow the instructions listed here to access your medical records.
Sign Up for Our Patient Portal – One Chart | Patient
One of the fastest and easiest ways to access your health information is to sign up for our patient portal, One Chart | Patient.
Once you sign up, you’ll also be able to:
- Schedule or cancel your next appointment
- View and pay your bill online
- Message your health care team
Already have an account? Sign in
Requesting your medical records
Ensuring the confidentiality of your medical records is a high priority for the Release of Information department at Nebraska Medicine.
The Release of Information staff is available to help make the process of obtaining or sending your medical records as easy as possible.
Follow These Steps
- Call 402-559-4024 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday for help.
- At other times, please leave a voicemail.
- Messages will be returned within 24 hours during the week.
- On weekends and holidays we return messages the next business day.
- Authorizations are valid for 12 months from the date of signing if no expiration date or identifiable event related to the individual is listed.
- The authorization must be completely filled out. Failure to do so may delay the release of your medical information. Incomplete or partially completed requests cannot be processed and will be returned for complete information.
If requesting medical records for someone else, you must include:
- Proof of legal authority to act on behalf of the patient.
- Legal proof includes guardianship papers, power of attorney papers, personal representative papers and other legal documents.
- Signature of the patient’s representative and date
- Relationship of representative to the patient
2. Mention if you want us to tell you ahead of time how much you'll owe.
There is no charge for sending medical records directly to another medical facility or doctor. If records are requested for personal reasons, a fee may be charged. Please call 402.559.4024 for information.
3. Submit the complete forms by mail or fax.
Health Information Management– Release of Information
989100 Nebraska Medicine
Omaha, NE, 68198-9100
Fax: Attention HIM– Release of Information - Nebraska Medicine | Fax 402-559-6200
4. Expect to wait a minimum of 72 hours or three business days after the written request is received.
- Please allow an additional 7 to 10 days delivery time for records sent by mail. Requests for records created prior to 1999 may take longer to process.
Right to Request Amendment
You may request that your health information be amended if you feel that the information is not correct. Your request must be in writing and provide rationale for the amendment. Please send your request to the Health Information Management Department. We may deny your request, and will notify you of our decision in writing.