Nebraska Medicine's Neurosurgery program offers a full range of treatment options for all neurosurgical problems. Our specialists are specially trained in a variety of subspecialty areas of neurosurgery to ensure that you receive the most sophisticated and expert care available. We believe strongly in managing both a disease and pain, so that a candidate for surgery may have the best quality of life and post-operative outcome.
We Offer the Latest Treatments for the Following Conditions:
- Acoustic neuromas
- Arteriovenous malformations
- Brain Tumor
- Carpal and Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Carotid and vertebral artery blockage
- Degenerative disk disease
- Endovascular and cerebrovascular conditions
- Herniated and ruptured disks
- Hemifacial spasm
- Movement disorders (Essential tremor, Parkinson's)
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
- Pituitary Tumor
- Spinal cord tumors
- Spinal disorders
- Spine fractures
- Spinal stenosis
- Spine trauma
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Tumors of the cranial nerves
We Perform these Common Neurosurgical Procedures:
- Baclofen pumps and rhizotomies for treatment of spasticity
- Craniotomy – for benign and malignant tumors, aneurysm and other vascular abnormalities, vestibular nerve section, microvascular decompression, and treatment of epilepsy
- Deep brain stimulators for Parkinson’s, tremors, and other movement disorders
- Endovascular therapies – including aneurysm coiling, stenting for treatment of stenotic vascular disorders, and other treatments for spinal and intracranial vascular disorders
- Pediatric cranial and spinal surgeries for congenital abnormalities such as craniofacial abnormalities, meningomyelocele, and tethered spinal cord
- Peripheral nerve surgery for entrapment syndromes and tumor
- Shunt placement and third ventriculostomy for treatment of congenital and acquired hydrocephalus
- Spinal cord and peripheral nerve stimulators for pain
- Spinal decompression and fusion – including a variety of anterior and posterior and minimally-invasive approaches such as AxiaLIF and XLIF
- Vagal nerve stimulators for epilepsy
See the Experts in Neurosurgery at Nebraska Medicine for:
A Team Approach to Care
Neurological disorders can be complex and may involve the care of several specialists. Our neurosurgeons work with a team of experts to create a customized treatment plan that achieves optimal outcomes. If surgery is required, you can be certain that our skilled surgeons will provide some of the most advanced surgical procedures available for patients dealing with a wide range of neurological disorders. These new and innovative treatments provide life-changing results and offer hope for many patients to have a healthier and more normal lifestyle.
We Provide Specialized Care
At Nebraska Medicine, you will benefit from the experience and expertise of our neurosurgeons who provide some of the most innovative surgical procedures in the area. Many of our neurosurgeons subspecialize in areas such as spine surgery, interventional neuroradiology, vascular surgery, neuro-oncology, pain, trauma and functional and stereotactic neurosurgery providing them with specialized training and skills in these areas. Our neurosurgeons perform a high volume of procedures which translates into more experience and better expertise to provide you with the best outcomes.
We are Experts at Helping Managing Your Pain
The expert team at Nebraska Medicine will make sure that all viable options for pain management are presented, so that you can make a fully-informed decision about the best treatment plan. We have a Pain Clinic to reduce the impact of certain symptoms and reduce or eliminate pain taking advantage of several new and currently available therapies.
We Are Dedicated to Research and Clinical Trials
Our neurosurgeons are leaders in research and are pioneers in ushering in the latest neurological treatments and procedures to best address patient needs. This means you have the opportunity to take part in some of the most current clinical trials and the newest and most cutting-edge treatment options.