Having a baby is a fun and exciting time and should be an enjoyable experience. During pregnancy there are many hormonal and bodily changes that can contribute to back, hip, leg, pelvic, rib, or neck pain – you name it. Pelvic health rehabilitation therapists can help address these aches and pains through individualized treatment to improve muscle strength, flexibility, body mechanics, and breathing patterns.
During pregnancy, pelvic health rehabilitation therapists can also address any symptoms of urinary leakage, urinary urgency, and constipation. We can also provide education on physical activity modifications for safe exercise progression to stay strong during pregnancy and optimize your function in preparation for postpartum infant care.
Postpartum rehabilitation can address the following:
- Muscle aches and pain in the back, hip, leg, pelvis, rib, or neck
- Diastasis recti rehabilitation (diastasis recti is when you have decreased support of the abdominal muscles with tissues spreading away from each other)
- Painful sex
- Urinary leakage or urgency
- Bowel symptoms such as constipation, stool leakage, urgency with bowel movements, or difficulty with emptying
- Skilled guidance for safe return to physical activity or exercise
- Prolapse symptoms such as pressure, heaviness, or feeling of something slipping out of the vagina