Expert advice for schools, teachers and parents:
- COVID-19 back to school playbook: Guiding principles to keep students, teachers and staff safe in K-12 schools
- PK-12 Education: Pandemic mitigation and response guide
How can I avoid getting COVID-19?
The best advice is to practice good hygiene and common-sense measures like you would with the seasonal flu. Those things include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds – hand sanitizer is a second option.
- Don’t touch your mouth, nose or eyes, especially with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick. If you are sick, stay at home.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing – DON’T cough or sneeze into your hands. Wash your hands afterwards.
- If you are not vaccinated, wear a mask when out and about.
- If you are traveling, make sure to follow CDC guidelines at wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel.