If you are looking for a dermatology clinic that respects your personal cultural identity, and knows how to care for a wide variety of hair and skin types, we can help.
Our Ethnic Skin Clinic focuses on culturally aware diagnosis and treatment of hair, skin, and nail disorders. We are the only dermatology clinic in Nebraska dedicated to the skin care needs of people of color.
We can help you with the following:
- Eczema and psoriasis
- Hair loss, breakage or thinning
- Pigment disorders like vitiligo, melasma or hyperpigmentation
- Ingrown hairs and razor bumps
- Skin cancer screening
- Pigmented skin lesions
Our clinic’s mission is:
- To improve access to dermatology care for people of color
- Educate patients, our community and other health care providers about the unique skincare needs people of color have
- Provide personalized treatment, with special attention paid to understanding cultural practices
What to expect during your first visit
During each appointment, we’ll start by identifying your goals.
After a complete skin assessment, together we’ll create a comprehensive treatment plan.
We will share and develop every aspect of the treatment plan with you.
Why you should choose Nebraska Medicine
Our health care providers have decades of experience in general dermatology. They have worked with large diverse populations in Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C. and here in Omaha. In addition to general dermatology, they are skilled in cosmetics, aesthetic services, laser and surgical services.